All commercial buildings in Chicago feature a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system to maintain a safe, comfortable temperature for employees, customers, merchandise, and business-critical equipment. Your commercial HVAC system is robust and designed to last for many years, but like all mechanical equipment, it starts to wear out or require cleaning as time goes by. This is why it’s important to service the various parts of your HVAC system based on the recommended timeline.
How Often to Service Commercial HVAC Systems
One of your responsibilities as a business owner is to keep an eye—and an ear—on your commercial HVAC equipment. Continually watch for water or fuel leaks, listen for sounds of unusual operations, and be aware of comfort complaints from your employees. If you notice anything wrong, you should schedule a professional repair right away. Then, even when everything seems to be operating normally, plan to have your commercial HVAC system serviced once a year. Focus on maintaining the equipment you will count on the most in the coming months.
This means you should service your furnace, boiler, or heat pump in the fall. Professional heating maintenance includes:
- Replacing the filter
- Cleaning the equipment
- Checking the thermostat settings
- Checking for obstructions in the exhaust flue
- Measuring ductwork leakage and making repairs as needed
- Lubricating moving parts
- Performing a safety inspection
- And more
Then, you should service your cooling equipment, including air conditioners and heat pumps, in the spring. Professional AC maintenance entails:
- Replacing the filter
- Cleaning the coils
- Straightening the blower fan
- Inspecting the condensate drain
- Tightening electrical connections
- Verifying proper refrigerant charge and fixing any leaks as necessary
- Performing a system diagnostics check
- And more
Why Service Commercial HVAC Equipment So Regularly?
Your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems work tirelessly to maintain a comfortable temperature in your Chicago building day in and day out. If you ignore it, the system is bound to operate less efficiently than it should and break down more frequently. Annual HVAC maintenance may seem like an avoidable expense, but you can actually save money and enjoy better peace of mind by making this a priority. The benefits of commercial HVAC maintenance include:
- More efficient operation, which lowers operational costs
- Fewer breakdowns, which reduce repair costs
- Longer equipment lifespan, which delays the time when you must invest in new equipment
- More consistent temperatures, which make for a more comfortable building, more productive employees, and a better bottom line
- Utility rebate qualification, which often delivers an instant return on investment or a payback period of just a few months
Sign Up for a Commercial HVAC Maintenance Agreement
With so much on your plate, it’s easy to neglect annual maintenance. Give yourself one less thing to think about by signing up for a maintenance contract from Murphy & Miller, Inc. Your customized agreement includes yearly tune-ups for all your heating and cooling systems, plus automatic reminders, system evaluations, and other great benefits.
When you sign up, you’ll be joining our long list of highly satisfied customers. After all, our annual maintenance contract renewal rate is over 95%—an industry rarity. This is proof that we know how to meet our customers’ needs!
Schedule Commercial HVAC Maintenance in Chicago Today!
If your business is located in the Chicago area, Murphy & Miller, Inc. is your number-one source for quality commercial HVAC maintenance. Our experience dates back to 1936 for an impressive history our competitors can’t match. Let us maintain your HVAC equipment to maximize system performance and longevity for the highest return on investment possible.
To learn more, or to schedule commercial HVAC maintenance in Chicago, please contact Murphy & Miller, Inc. at 1-312-427-8900.