Boiler Repair in Chicago, IL
Boiler giving you trouble? Then you’ve come to the right place. Murphy & Miller brings top-notch professionalism to work on all of your heating and cooling problems, boilers included. We’ll identify the problem, implement a solution, and have your hot water flowing again in no time.
Need boiler repair services or other heating services right now in the Chicago area? Call us at (312) 427-8900 or contact us today and schedule a visit from our technicians!
What Are the Warning Signs for Boiler Problems?
Not sure your boiler is the source of your woes? Then it’s important to know what sorts of problems are associated with boilers in need of service. Remember, small problems untreated in any heating system usually turn into bigger problems — bigger problems that cost more to resolve.
Here are a few warning signs that something needs attention:
- No heat, poor heat, or inconsistent heat – If the heat isn’t working the way it should, that’s obviously a big sign something is wrong with either your boiler or one of the systems connected to it. Either way, you need a professional.
- Leaks around your boiler – Leaks around a boiler system can be a minor problem, or a very big one — either way, you want it dealt with as soon as possible.
- Strange noises – A boiler in good working order shouldn’t make unpleasant noises all the time. It should mostly operate in silence. Sounds mean problems.
- Pilot light keeps going out – Defective parts or emergency shutoff systems might be in play if the pilot keeps going out, so make sure you take this problem seriously instead of just resetting everything and relighting the pilot.
- Poor pressure – Low pressure can mean any number of problems in your boiler, some serious, some not. If the pressure gets too low, your boiler will cut itself off to avoid damaging itself.
Frequently Asked Questions About Boiler Repair
Should I repair my boiler or just replace it?
Whether repair or replacement of your boiler makes more sense is going to come down to a number of factors. If your boiler is relatively new, and your problem relatively minor, then repair is usually going to be the smarter use of your money.
On the other hand, if your boiler is getting up in years or has needed professional attention more than once in recent years, then it’s probably going to be more cost-effective to replace it with a new, more efficient, less failure-prone model.
Our technicians can help you figure out which is best.
What are simple problems that might stop my boiler from working?
Sometimes your boiler doesn’t need repair at all, and you can resolve your problem yourself. These minor issues can stop a boiler from working right:
- Thermostat settings incorrect
- Tripped breaker
- Pilot out
- Blown fuse
How much will my repairs cost me?
The nature of your problem, the cost of the specific parts for your specific boiler, how labor-intensive the repair will be, all of these add up to a dramatic variance in the potential cost of repairs.
What you should know is that the sooner a professional sees your boiler and works to resolve your problem, the less it’s going to cost.
Schedule Boiler Repair in Chicago. Illinois
Ready to have a technician come take a look at your problem? Murphy & Miller is ready to hear from you, and we’ll offer top-notch professional assistance with any and all heating or cooling issues.
Call us today at (312) 427-8900 or reach out to us online to schedule a visit from our trained technicians!