Boiler Installation & Replacement in Illinois
During Chicago’s harsh winters, your business needs reliable heating that cuts costs without sacrificing comfort for your customers and employees. Murphy & Miller will work with you to help you decide if a boiler is the right solution for your building’s unique needs. If you’re in need of a boiler replacement, we’ll assess your building and existing system to determine the best equipment and design for your situation. We’ll also conduct an energy audit and investigate solutions to increase your building’s energy efficiency and lower your operating costs.
Call (312) 427-8900 or contact us online to request a commercial boiler replacement or installation quote in Chicago.
Benefits of Boiler Replacement & Installation with Murphy & Miller
While a large industrial boiler can provide heat successfully for 25+ years, eventually you will notice a decrease in output and efficiency. You’ll also see an increase in maintenance costs and performance issues. At this point, it’s more cost effective to invest in a new unit for lower energy and maintenance costs. Whether you’re replacing the boiler in a mid-size retail location or a 300,000-square-foot mall, Murphy & Miller will handle your project with precision and care. We’ll consider all relevant aspects of your building to help you choose the best replacement. We’ll also determine whether your existing piping needs to be repaired, adapted, or replaced for the new system. If you’re constructing a new building or switching heating methods, Murphy & Miller will design a boiler system tailored to your needs. Whether you’re replacing an old boiler or installing one for the first time, we’ll conduct an energy audit and help you develop practices to maximize performance while minimizing energy costs.
Boiler Pros & Cons
While boilers are a reliable, long-lasting option to heat your business, it’s important to consider all aspects of boiler heating before making such an important investment. Murphy & Miller can help you weigh the advantages and disadvantages of boilers according to your specific needs, but here are some general pros and cons:
- Pro: Improved air quality – Since boilers do not work by forcing air through ductwork, they do not circulate allergens, chemicals, and dust throughout your building.
- Pro: More even heating – Hot air rises, which means that forced air heating systems often heat buildings unevenly. Boilers keep surfaces warm instead of the air, leading to more even heating in your facility.
- Pro: Longer life span – Boilers require fewer mechanical repairs and often outlast furnaces by many years.
- Con: Higher installation & maintenance costs – The upfront cost of installing a boiler is often higher than that of a furnace. And although they present fewer mechanical issues, a boiler repair is, on average, more expensive than a repair on a furnace.
- Con: Water leaks – Although infrequent, it is possible for your boiler to leak. In a large building a leak could go unnoticed for a while, potentially causing property damage. Murphy & Miller offers maintenance contracts to ensure that your boiler stays in good shape, making leaks far less likely.
- Con: Heating only – Boilers are very good at providing heat, but that is all they do. You’ll still need ductwork for your cooling needs.
Contact us online or call (312) 427-8900 to determine whether a boiler is right for your Chicago business.
Frequently Asked Questions About Boilers
Below are some of the most common questions we get about commercial boilers:
How long do commercial boilers last?
Commercial boilers can last 20 to 30+ years with proper maintenance.
When should I replace my commercial boiler?
If your boiler is 15+ years old and requires frequent repairs, it may be time to consider replacing it. You should also look into replacement options if your energy costs have been increasing.
What is the difference between a fire-tube boiler and a water-tube boiler?
A fire-tube design features a tube of hot gas surrounded by water in the tank. A water-tube boiler is basically the opposite, with the water flowing through a tube surrounded by hot gas.
Our Service Markets
We offer boiler services to a variety of markets at Murphy & Miller, making sure to uphold rigorous standards for customer service and quality across all of them.
- Central Plants
- Commercial Real Estate
- Data Centers
Learn more about our Service Markets.
Choose Murphy & Miller for Boiler Installation & Replacement in Chicago
Keep your business running smoothly with commercial boiler replacement and installation from the proven experts at Murphy & Miller. Our engineering team will design the ideal boiler solution for your commercial facility, and we can source the components and install the boiler according to your specifications and budget requirements. Our commitment to saving you money on HVACR costs makes us your steadfast partner in HVACR solutions.
With over 80 years of commercial HVACR experience, you can rest assured that Murphy & Miller is the best choice for boiler installation and replacement for your Chicago business. Call (312) 427-8900 or contact us online to get started.