Commercial HVAC Frequently Asked Questions
As a commercial property owner, you may have several concerns about your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system. Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions Murphy & Miller receives about commercial HVAC services.
How is sheet metal ductwork constructed and installed?
Ductwork serves as the channel through which heated, cooled, and ventilated air moves through your building. Sheet metal is non-combustible, sturdy, and easy to clean, making it an ideal material for ductwork. Murphy & Miller custom designs and fabricates ductwork for commercial buildings in Chicago to ensure quiet, efficient HVAC performance and a comfortable interior.
My energy bills are high, and my employees and customers are uncomfortable. What’s going on?
Whether your building is old or new, you may suffer from high energy bills and comfort problems. A combination of factors could lead to these HVAC performance issues, including:
- Aging, neglected, or improperly sized HVAC equipment
- Thermally inefficient building construction that allows a high amount of air infiltration
- A ventilation system that doesn’t account for waste heat given off by computers, industrial equipment, and even lighting
- System operational inefficiencies
How can I increase the efficiency of my HVAC system?
You don’t have to suffer from an inefficient building. With commercial energy audits from Murphy & Miller, you can learn what changes to make for improved HVAC performance, better indoor comfort, and lower energy bills. Some of the most common ways to improve HVAC efficiency include:
- Replace failing HVAC equipment with a properly sized, high-efficiency system
- Have your building’s ductwork redesigned to eliminate sharp turns and meandering runs that waste energy
- Seal the ductwork and your building’s air leaks
- Install a make-up air system for balanced ventilation in strategic areas of your building
- Install direct digital controls (DDC) to automate and control many building functions from one central station
Why is commercial heating and cooling maintenance so important?
If efficient HVAC performance is important to you, maintenance should be a top priority. You simply can’t expect a neglected mechanical system to operate as efficiently as a well-maintained one. Murphy & Miller offers comprehensive commercial HVAC maintenance in Chicago. Our services benefit you in several ways:
- Lower your utility bills for a stronger bottom line
- Reduce equipment breakdowns
- Minimize the need for mid-season repairs
- Prolong HVAC system lifespan
- Promote safer equipment operation
What should I look for in a commercial HVAC service provider?
For the results you expect, it’s important to work with a commercial HVAC service provider that has experience and industry longevity. Look for a contractor that emphasizes customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional HVAC performance and efficiency every time.
At Murphy & Miller, we’re proud to lead the commercial HVAC services industry here in Chicago. We provide everything from ductwork design and fabrication to HVAC maintenance to refrigeration installation and replacement. We’ve proven our ability to satisfy customers for over 80 years, and we’re ready to be your next HVAC partner!
To take advantage of Chicago’s best commercial HVAC services, please contact Murphy & Miller at 1-312-427-8900.