Commercial Refrigeration Maintenance in Chicago
Many Chicago-area businesses—especially those in the food service industry—rely on walk-in freezers, ice machines, refrigerated display cases, and other commercial refrigeration products for daily operations. Don’t wait until your chiller breaks down to have it serviced—keep it running smoothly with regular maintenance.
Murphy & Miller offers the preventative services you’re looking for. Our technicians follow a comprehensive maintenance checklist to help your freezers and ice machines work flawlessly. This way, you know you can count on them for critical functions like preserving perishable food and producing ice to keep customers’ drinks cold.
In addition to performing maintenance, we also offer a complete array of refrigeration services, including refrigerant recovery and storage, installation, and repair. Our goal is to be your single point of contact for all your commercial refrigeration needs.
To learn more about our refrigeration maintenance services, please contact Murphy & Miller by calling 1-312-427-8900 today!
Benefits of Routine Maintenance for Commercial Freezers
The food service industry is hectic and fast paced, but you have the power to ensure your commercial refrigeration equipment always works dependably. The trick is to schedule preventative maintenance twice a year from an experienced service provider in Chicago like Murphy & Miller. When you make regular refrigeration tune-ups a priority, you benefit in many ways, including:
- Lower operating costs: Chillers consume a lot of electricity. Preventive maintenance keeps everything clean, sealed tightly, and running efficiently to decrease operational costs as much as possible.
- Longer equipment life: The more years of efficient operation you can squeeze out of your commercial refrigeration products, the less money you spend on replacement equipment. This is one way in which routine maintenance pays for itself.
- Fewer breakdowns: The last thing you need is to put your business on hold while you wait for your broken coolers to be fixed. Maintenance tasks are designed to make your equipment more reliable for fewer inconvenient breakdowns.
- Safer products: Catastrophic equipment failure can lead to massive food spoilage. Even hidden malfunctions may result in slightly warmer temperatures that thaw food slightly and cause unsafe conditions. With preventative maintenance to catch and repair problems early, you ensure the safety of your frozen perishable merchandise.
Commercial Refrigeration Maintenance Checklist
When you call Murphy & Miller for preventive maintenance in Chicago, here are the maintenance tasks you can expect the technician to:
- Clean the condenser coils and fins. Degrease the coils and straighten the fins if necessary.
- Wash the drain lines to remove obstructions.
- Monitor temperatures and cycling patterns to ensure proper operation.
- Check the refrigerant level. Fix any leaks and recharge the system if necessary.
- Check the condenser and evaporator fan motors and blades. Clean any dirty surfaces.
- Verify proper electrical connections.
- Verify accurate thermometer readouts.
- Check door seals and replace any worn out or damaged gaskets.
- Flush the water circuit with acid descaling solution.
- Completely dismantle and thoroughly clean ice machines.
Sign Up For a Maintenance Plan
The best way to keep up with routine service inspections is to sign up for a maintenance plan with Murphy & Miller. We can customize your plan to include regular maintenance for all your HVACR equipment, including your furnace and air conditioner. When you maintain all your mechanical equipment, the entire building functions more efficiently.
Schedule Commercial Refrigeration Maintenance in Chicago
Don’t leave the performance of your freezers and ice machines up to chance – help them last longer and perform more efficiently with preventative maintenance from Murphy & Miller.
Our commercial HVAC company is based in Chicago and offers services throughout the areas of Arlington Heights, Bloomington, Chicago, Cicero, Des Plaines, East Chicago, East Peoria, Elk Grove Village, Evanston, Lansing, Naperville, North Chicago, Oak Lawn, Oak Park, Peoria, Rockford, Rosemont, and West Chicago, Illinois. We also service Gary, Indiana.
To schedule a service inspection for the commercial refrigeration equipment in your Chicago building, please contact Murphy & Miller online or call us at 1-312-427-8900 today!