Commercial Refrigeration Repair Service in Chicago
If your business relies on commercial refrigeration and walk-in freezers, it’s easy to assume the equipment will always work. But when a walk-in freezer isn’t working, it can cause expensive losses of food inventory, high utility costs, and disruptions to your business operations.
When you need commercial refrigerator or freezer in Chicago, count on Murphy & Miller. We provide 24-hour emergency commercial refrigerator repair services. From restaurants and delis to hotels and grocery stories, our rapid repair services will get you back in operation quickly.
Call Murphy & Miller at 1-312-427-8900 or schedule a service appointment online!
Common Commercial Refrigeration Issues We Repair
The appliance repair experts at Murphy & Miller perform fixes on a lot of commercial walk-in freezers and coolers, so we’re familiar with common problems restaurants and commercial kitchens experience, including:
- Motor Running Constantly – The first question to answer is “Why is my walk-in freezer motor running constantly?” You may have a refrigerant leak or other issues. We’ll perform an inspection to diagnose and recommend the right repair.
- Ice Buildup – Ice buildup on the air vent or evaporator coils of a commercial freezer indicates likely damage elsewhere in your freezer.
- Ice in the Drain Pan – Ice can accumulate in a drain pan when a drain line is clogged or the heater is defective.
- Loss of Power – A simple tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse may cause a power outage to your walk-in freezer. Fortunately, this is an easy repair. Wiring issues or a faulty control board could also be to blame.
- Temperature Too High – If you overfill your walk-in freezer, the evaporator may run hot and prevent proper cooling. Frequently opening and closing the door due to excessive use can also raise temperatures. Frost buildup on the evaporator can be a problem, too.
Call us at 1-312-427-8900 if your commercial refrigerator isn’t work or shows signs of damage!
Signs You Need Walk-in Freezer Repair
Commercial kitchens rely on heavy-duty refrigeration systems to keep walk-in freezers cold. Without a properly functioning condenser and evaporator coil, hundreds of pounds of perishable food could spoil. Watch for these signs that you need commercial freezer repair so it doesn’t come to this.
- Damaged door seals: Check the doors of your commercial freezer often for signs of a poor seal. Cracked or otherwise damaged gaskets could allow air to leak out of your freezer, wasting energy and needlessly increasing your bills. A repair will set things right again.
- Frost buildup: A thick layer of ice on walk-in cooler shelves is a sign the evaporator coil may not be working properly and needs to be repaired.
- Wet floors: Damaged door seals and poor freezer insulation can cause water leaks. If you don’t take care of the problem, this extra moisture could lead to mold growth.
- Inconsistent temperatures: Pockets of relatively warm air may allow some products in your walk-in freezer to thaw slightly. For food safety purposes, it’s important to remedy the cause of this problem quickly.
- Strange smells: If refrigerant leaks into the walk-in freezer, it may produce an odd odor. This is a sign your freezer is getting old, and it may be worth replacing.
Request walk-in freezer repair services in Chicago! Call Murphy & Miller at 1-312-427-8900!
Emergency Commercial Refrigeration & Chiller Repair
When your commercial chiller stops working altogether, you need the swiftest repair possible to reduce your losses. At Murphy & Miller, we understand the sense of urgency, which is why we offer 24/7 emergency refrigeration repair services for our Chicago clients.
If you’re worried about food spoilage and other losses that could result from a broken chiller, please call us at 1-312-427-8900—day or night, weekend or holiday—and a qualified refrigeration technician will dispatch promptly to your facility.
Why Choose Murphy & Miller?
Choose us to repair your commercial refrigeration equipment, and you can look forward to the following results:
- Improved efficiency of your commercial refrigerator for lower operating costs.
- Prolonged life of your refrigeration system.
- Efficient repair work with results that last for years.
In addition to performing appliance repair, we also offer a complete array of refrigeration services, including refrigerant recovery and storage, installation, and maintenance. Our goal is to be your single point of contact for all your commercial refrigeration needs.
For more about our refrigeration repair services, please contact Murphy & Miller by calling 1-312-427-8900 today!
Our Service Areas
Our commercial HVAC company is based in Chicago and offers services in Chicago and throughout the Midwest, including:
- Arlington Heights
- Des Plaines
- East Peoria
- Elk Grove Village
- North Chicago
- Oak Lawn
- Oak Park
- West Chicago
- East Chicago, Indiana
- Gary, Indiana